Re: [linux-audio-user] Three last tracks

From: Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 02:20:03 EEST

Yves Potin wrote:

> I play the guitar solo, the drums were made in MuSE, with
>samples. I realize effectively the limits of my skills for programming
>drums on non binary rythms...

    Hi Yves first of all I must say that I've enjoyed your very nice
tracks.You play really well.
     Talking about lennies_pennies, I think that programing rythmns in
a swinged jazz style is very difficult to make it sound realistic since
there's no "live" interaction between the "drumer" and you,that,for me,
is one of the most importants things of this style.
    Let me tell you ,in a very respectful way (of course), that I feel
the ride cymbal walking in a midle time than the bass when the rythmn
grows at the minute 2:08,for my it seems that the rythmn is ,not exactly
but,"crossed" (cruzado, as we say in Spain;sorry about my english).My
point of view with this subject is,at that time, to change the ride
cymbal sequence to make it walk with the bass ,playing in
fourths,something that could "see" it like this:

                       1 2 3
4
   Bass / / /
/