[linux-audio-user] FC5 and Flash Audio

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 03:52:53 EEST

I've upgraded to FC5, and I'm slowly inching my way up to get audio
working (PlanetCCRMA). I have a particular problem in that Flash video
works fine, but I have no audio (occurs in Firefox, Opera and
Konqueror.) I've searched for a solution and really haven't found
anything that works. Some reports have said that a chmod to /dev/dsp of
0666 will help. Others say that changing the permissions on the
"plugins" directory will do the trick. Nope, not for me.

I noticed that I had no /dev/dsp. So, I kinda figured that maybe the
Flash plugin hard defaults to writing to /dev/dsp. So I made one with
./MAKEDEV audio... and sure enough, a dsp1 was made. However, I still
have no audio when playing flash in a browser.

Anyone come across this problem? Any ideas?

brad

--
Brad Fuller
Sonaural Audio Studio