[linux-audio-user] Commercial audio software on Linux

From: Davy Wentzler <info@email-addr-hidden-evolution.com>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 12:16:07 EEST

Hello,

First of all, this is my first post here on the list. I'm in the process
of porting my audio hard disk recording program 'Audio Evolution'
from AmigaOS4 (running on PowerPC) to wxWidgets. This will allow
me to release it more easily on other platforms like Windows and Linux.

Although using wxWidgets means that a big part of the program is
portable, some other parts like audio and plug-ins (think LADSPA, JACK)
would have to be written specifically for Linux. Now comes the big
question: since this is commercial software (with a price between
35 and 45 euro), would it be worth the effort to release it on Linux?
I think most Linux users are used to open-source and free programs and
I saw some already nice looking programs like Ardour and MuSe.
I would like to hear from you if there would be any interest?

Here you can see a picture of the current state of my port to Windows:
http://www.audio-evolution.com/pics/ae5b.png

Looking forward to some constructive discussion.

Kind regards,

Davy

--
Davy Wentzler