Re: [linux-audio-user] Multiple sound interfaces, ALSA order detection

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 21:59:55 EEST

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 20:37 +0200, Jerome Tuncer wrote:
> What do I have to do so that one order is preserved upon
> reboot/re-detection of the interfaces?

With correct applications it should not be necessary to do anything;
ALSA supports addressing devices by name. The .asoundrc should nto be
needed either - in fact it could cause problems as you have defined the
default devices to be hw:x which will bypass dmix.

aplay -D default:ICH5 file.wav

should play to the Intel card, and

aplay -D default:Delta66 file.wav

to the Delta66.