Re: [linux-audio-user] Multiple sound interfaces, ALSA order detection

From: Jerome Tuncer <columbiatwo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 00:35:55 EEST

Thanks guys!

Juuso, I think that's the kind of workaround I needed.

There are still things I don't really understand with ALSA naming as Lee
mentions:

Let's take XMMS Alsa output plugin for example. It just asks for a
device and the list displays exactly:

Périphérique PCM par défaut (default)
MAudio Delta 66: ICE1712 multi (hw:0,0)
Intel ICH5: Intel ICH5 (hw:1,0)
Intel ICH5: Intel ICH5 - IEC1958 (hw:1,4)

I tried what you said Lee about just providing a name to the driver,
that is just writing "Intel ICH5" in the textfield and it doesn't seem
to work (I should I have mentioned I have deleted my /etc/asound.conf
and restarted the ALSA drivers)...

How can ALSA refer to a card by just name without me providing the name
in my /etc/asound.conf?

Sorry for the noob question if it is one (-:

++