[linux-audio-user] Re: sound recording application

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 13:30:02 EEST

>rec 4hourrecording.wav & sleep 14400; killall -INTR rec

Come on guys!

We need better than that. And the suggestion to use of ardour
remotely was a good start.

I often need a recorder which records continuously to a 20 minutes file.
When I come from a coffee and radio finishes playing a good song, I may
just press a button and recording starts at 20 minutes past. Nothing
missed. The same for TV/video.

And what if disk comes full? How your simple recorder can switch
the file? And what is the file size of the largest file? E.g., "ls"
command in my Linux stops listing files larger than ~2 GB.

Ardour as a recorder wonders me: does Ardour add a dither noise to
the recording? The audio card may already add the dither and second
dither only adds to the noise.

Juhana