Re: [linux-audio-user] Distros these days? What a mess!

From: Klaus Kosten <klaus.kosten@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 14:45:49 EEST

The Other schrieb:
> On Saturday 23 September 2006 2:06 pm, iainduncan@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell if sharing the home partition and swap partition is
>>a good plan? I'm thinking seperate boots, seperate /s, and shared
>>swap and home.
>

> If you have the courage to try sharing /home partitions, let me know
> how it works for you. I might give it a try.

Due to the problems with those distributions, I usually have 3 or 4
different systems on my machine. They all share one swap-partition, but
the /home partitions are separated. These contain only the dotted
directories and files, however, and links to directories on a separate
data partition, where all my user files reside. That way I avoid
problems with the applications and have my data at hand in every system.

Regards,

Klaus