Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 19:03:22 EEST

opengl != 3d only

you can use it for 2d stuff too and have the mentioned benefits. I see
the problems which are mentioned here but I dont think gui should be
done in the cpu while even onboard graphic chips have incredible
potential. Of course its problematic with almost every manufacturer and
their closed source drivers (the intels are not really open too, or?),
its such a waste. I hope the open source graphic card project will have
success.

I wonder if the SDL lib has some benefits regarding compositing user
interfaces on Linux...

Cheers,

Malte

--