Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA MIDI translator for PhatBoy controller

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 14:55:33 EEST

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Ismael Valladolid Torres hat gesagt: // Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
>

>>I just got a PhatBoy MIDI controller. However its software version is
>>v1 so its mode III only allows me sending CC in the range 1-13. I
>>wonder if there's out there any ALSA MIDI translator which allows me
>>to change this CC realtime to different CC more useful for
>>i.e. zynaddsubfx.
>>

>Every decent modular synth environment like Pd or Supercollider can do
>this. Pd is easy to learn, so you may want to start there. You can
>start Pd as "pd -noaudio" to not make it run without its audio engine
>and with "-nogui" to not even show its GUI.

While Frank is certainly correct, I'm still going to bitch about the
fact that I'd have to use Pd for such a minor function. It's like
driving my car across the street to get milk, it's too much tool for the
job.

I guess at some unknown point in time I'll learn enough FLTK to slap
together some kind of GUI for a standalone MIDI event mapper. Holborn's
midirgui would be a good container for such functions, but he doesn't
seem interested in expanding it.

Best,

dp