Re: [linux-audio-user] xmms does not play on multiface

From: Martin Wohlleben <Martin.Wohlleben@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 01:08:42 EEST

Am Dienstag, den 03.10.2006, 22:32 +0200 schrieb Dragan Noveski:
> Lee Revell wrote:

> >> ok, that sounds interesting: no using libalsa.so while jack is runing,
> >> no able to use libjackxmms.so,
> >>
> >> so how i do adjust the xmms to connect to jack.
> >> usualy i do this with "jacklaunch", but on multiface it does not run.
> >>

> > No idea. It should work with libjackxmms.
> >
> > Maybe you should try a newer player, with native JACK support. XMMS has
> > been unmaintained for years.
> >
> > Lee
> >

> of course, you are right, but the only ones which are able to play
> cdda is alsaplayer (realy slow on my machine + very poor interface)
> and xmms.
> i just compiled aqualung, which looks very good and runs good too, but
> no able to play cdda.
>
> does anybody knows about another player which is able to play cdda in
> jack modus?
>
> cheers,
> doc

Hi,

I tried once to use the native KDE CD playe r (i believe KSCD) with
jack. So I configured arts to use jack, but that's not a proper solution
just for hearing CDs.
I would recommend to stay at xmms (beacuse I also don't know another
jack ready sound player which is jack ready and plays CDDA).

So, if you want to use xmms wiht alsa, you have to stop jack on your
hdsp and use then you can the alsa outputplugin with hdsp_analog.
Otherwise you can leave jack running on your hdsp and use xmms with it's
jack output plug (http://xmms-jack.sourceforge.net) to connect it.
You can use qjackctl or qjackconnect to link xmms's output to the right
output of your soundcard.

Regards
Martin