Re: [linux-audio-user] All sounds of Bristol/ZynAddSubFx/etc?

From: Drucer Ninetynine <drucer99@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 01:22:57 EEST

--- Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm a bit confused here. I don't see how you CAN go
> though all the Zyn
> presets - or are you really meaning the voice/patch
> banks?

I guess just some general softsynth demos would do
just fine.

What I'd like to know is - how good are these soft
synths? If you go to URL below, you can hear Van
Halen's "1984" intro song that was played with
Oberheim OB-Xa. What I'd like to know is - is it
possible to play that song with software synthesizers?

I've been playing guitar since 1984 and I do not know
much about hardware synthesizers and I know even less
about software synthesizers. But I wanna learn this
stuff!

http://www.amazon.com/1984-Van-Halen/dp/B00004Y6O3/sr=8-5/qid=1159913812/ref=pd_bbs_5/002-0376294-5477660?ie=UTF8&s=music