Re: [linux-audio-user] PC Keyboard questions

From: Dan Easley <daneasley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 18:14:00 EET

On 11/3/06, David Causse <nomoa@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to make live music with a computer. My problem is I want to
> control the PC with the PC keyboard. Freewheeling permits to control
> with the PC keyboard.
>
> My keyboard have some annoying limitations for example I can press at
> the same time the letters 'azer', 'qsdf', 'uiop' but I am unable to
> press 'rtyu' at the same time, nothing is printed. I guess it is due to

Paul's right on regarding inherent limitations in the PC keyboard protocol.

I'm not sure how you're using Freewheeling - for instance, if you've
set it to play loops while the keys are pressed down, but not when
they're released, this won't help, but - in the standard config, with
tap tempo and sync on, I've been able to start/stop multiple loops "at
once" by sort of rolling my hand across the keys I want to hit - so
that I'm not hitting the keys at the same time, but within a short
enough span of time that it's still musical.

Ultimately, the cheap midi foot controllers now available make it an
easier system to work with, simply because it frees one's hands to
play instruments, gesture wildly, etc.

--
daneasley@email-addr-hidden
dan@email-addr-hidden dan@email-addr-hidden