Re: [linux-audio-user] Issue with TAP plugins

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 00:37:19 EET

Hi,

On Saturday 25 November 2006 20:20, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
> On 11/24/06, Yves Potin <yves@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Two questions : am I alone to encounter this issue, and what
> > kind of debug information could be of a help ?
> > My setup is dual Opteron, 2 Go RAM, SATA Drives, RME Multiface
> > II, Gentoo 2006.1, kernel : 2.6.18.1 #1 SMP PREEMPT and Alsa Version
> > 1.0.12rc1 provided with this vanilla kernel, normally patched for real
> > time.
> > Thanks in advance for any kind of help,
> >
> > Y.
>
> TAP plugins are useful, TAP plugins sound nice, I love the multiband
> EQ, TAP reverb sounds real good too.
>
> That being said, they are unusable unless some guru takes a look to
> cleanup the code, to avoid denormal problems, to make these plugins
> "realtime compliant", etc.

If you know some specifics please bring this up with the author, file a bug
report perhaps. He has been very forthcoming about fixing issues in the past.

Recently I found that denormal issues can be brought to a minimum by
recompiling your plugins with the appropriate SSE/SSE2/SSE3/3DNOW settings.
I have recompiled them with CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS set to -m3dnow and cpu usage
has overall dropped, including potential denormal issues.

Regards,
Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/