Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Software recommendation

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 23:15:22 EET

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 10:00:54PM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:

> MusE relies on it's instrument definition files (IDF) to figure out what
> controllers are available for a given instrument. If you define an IDF file
> for your instrument, or try one of the existing files, for example if your
> synth is GM compatible use that and the relevant controllers should appear.
>
> The drawback with this approach is that it does not work very well with
> instruments that can redefine their controllers, e.g. modular synths. But as
> you have discovered MusE understands and can edit an existing controller
> outside the IDF definition, hence it should be possible to add support for
> arbitrary controllers.

ARG! And all the time I thought it's an incomplete implemetation or
something, and I was stuck with a choice of 2 controlers ...
I managed to forget to report this problem though (or maybe
I have and forgotten that :)

I would expect access to all controlers if the instrument isn't specified
at all.

--
Thorsten Wilms