Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Software recommendation

From: Yves Potin <yves@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 23:31:09 EET

Le 29 Nov à 22:00, Robert Jonsson ecrivait:

> Ok, I understand your problem. Partially I think this a question of missing
> documentation and tutorials. :-/

        It seems, yes :).

> MusE relies on it's instrument definition files (IDF) to figure out what
> controllers are available for a given instrument. If you define an IDF file
> for your instrument, or try one of the existing files, for example if your
> synth is GM compatible use that and the relevant controllers should
> appear.

        Indeed, the various controllers appears when I define a synth as «
and of course it's obvious when one is aware of that. After using the
Generic MIDI parameter for months and months, I forgot there could be
other choices.

> Ok. Interesting idea. Please do submit it as a feature request to the
> tracker.

        I think I have to spend some time in it as soon as I can, maybe
tomorrow.

> Some small bell tingles but I cannot place it what the exact problem is,
> memory is not what it used to be ...
> Is there a tracker item for this?

        All I remember is that entry in Changelog for version 0.7.2 pre 5 :
Fixed crash bug when arrowing left in an empty editor
( http://www.muse-sequencer.org/index.php?action=fullnews&id=93 )
I believed when I saw that that it concerned a problem I always
encountered. In fact there remains problems, and a global crash, when you
erase the last note inside an editor. OK, I go to the bug reports :).
        Cheers,

Y.