Re: [linux-audio-user] Monitoring (processed) input during playpack in Ardour

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 28 2007 - 22:27:46 EET

Jesse Chappell wrote:
> On 1/28/07, Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Is there a way, in Ardour (I've just compiled 2beta10), to listen
>> (monitor the input of) a track while playing back the other tracks with
>> software monitoring (and thus having the input sound processed in
>> realtime through some ladspa effects)?
>
> Yes, turn off the Auto Input toggle in the toolbar to get that
> behavior.
Doh!

Thank you.

> Otherwise, you can always create a new bus and connect your
> input to that, buses are always actively passing their signal through
> regardless of monitoring settings. You can mute the bus when you
> don't want it.
>
> jlc

Yes, I knew I could do that with a new bus, but I it's not as handy. In
that way you need to mute the bus output when you're recording if you
don't want to hear the monitored input twice, isn't it? Moreover,
sometimes you want to setup multiple tracks with different effects or
settings and try to pass your input through each of them to hear the
difference. With a bus you would need to change the inputs each time,
while by disengaging the 'Auto input' toggle I can just engage the track
rec button and leave the others off.

Thanks again.

- c.

--