Re: [linux-audio-user] apps.linuxaudio.org test updated

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 22:01:49 EET

Thanks for the replies so far!

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 04:53:09PM +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:

> Chris Cannam wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 Mar 2007 20:55, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> >> Completely different background and colours, played with the logo:
> >>
> >> http://thorwil.affenbande.org/apps-devel/index.html
> >
> > I'm not sure about the meter-strips colouring in the stem of the p in the
> > logo. It looks like a too ungainly attempt to get something audio-related
> > into the logo. I agreed with your previous view that that wasn't really
> > necessary, and I don't think these strips look enough like actual meters
> > (especially spaced as they are) to carry the metaphor.
> >
> > The silhouettes in the logo title bar are nice.
> >
> > The background seems odd at first glance, but wears well.

I like to think the background is very characteristic without being
overly loud. Odd is so much better than boring :)

> I'm following the look'n'logo evolution with interest. looks a lot like
> software devel. 1st version nice and clean, and we get fixes as well as
> new bugs with each revision :)

I kept a few revisions to myself ;)
For a more professional approach, one would start with a briefing
and generate many variations. I try to cut down on that, though.

> This latest version surprised me at first glance ("What's that now?")
> but at second view I came to like the style! I agree that the logo
> "P-meters" don't work well: bot spacing & color! - maybe we should
> reconsider the site's name :)

Seems the style is good to catch some attention.
I will remove the meters.

Don't know if and how I should/might change the background.

--
Thorsten Wilms
Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: