Re: [linux-audio-user] What laptops do the devs have?

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 00:03:39 EET

Hi,

I got an Asus A6000 laptop here with 1 gig mem and AMD Turion 64 single
core, this machine is one year old and was one of the last without
mirroring display, running with 64Studio in 64bit mode and Nvidias prop.
drivers for the 6200 chip.

- jack with 64 frames = 2.33ms latency but got to start Linux with
noacpi acpi=off to avoid xruns, works both for internal sound chip and
RME PCMCIA Hammerfall

- internal soundchip is ok even amplified but bleeding through noise
from power unit, the same for the RME
workarounds:
- playing from batteries
- optical connection to another converters, but didnt tested yet
- balanced cables, my favorite

- 3d acceleration and dual monitor works fine, I also use Blender and do
an occasional frag from time to time with Nexuiz

- sleep and hibernation doesnt work but I didnt put efforts into it. I
got an Ubuntu distribution installed before and it could hibernate, cpu
scaling and do wireless lan

- Battery is not that exciting, around 2 hours. But it runs always full
throttle in this configuration

Cheers,

Malte

--