Re: [linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2

From: carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 21:04:40 EET

On Sat Mar 10, 2007 at 01:47:13PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 12:56:30PM -0500, carmen wrote:
> > On Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 07:43:00PM -1000, david wrote:
> > > ljc@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > everything is made by Compal, Quanta, and ASUS. can you really
> > discriminate by western "brand" ?
>
> I bought an ASUS "whitebook" last year. It felt good not to pay for an
> OS I wasn't going to use. But, now I wonder if it was such a good idea.
> I can't seem to find an extra battery to buy anywhere. Is this a general
~
i have the same issue with my MSI 'whitebook' - its even more obscure than ASUS as far as DIY notebooks go - nobody has 4-cell white batteries. so im stuck with the giant battery that sticks out the back, or a zebra-looking thing.

luckily the AC adaptor is incredibly common and i just picked one up from LiteOn when the included one shorted out internally (it had an inner conductor surrounded by an outer conductor and a tiny insulator which cracked under stress causing the cable to melt..

im still glad i went with the whitebook though. it was about half the price of a macbook pro with the same specs, and still a nice metal case... plus it has a row of pageup/down/home/end keys on the right edge i cant imagine going without for any extended irssi/firefox/manpage paging..