Re: [linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] Firmware downgrade - WAS: No sound

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 16:15:04 EET

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 3/10/07, Bibulus <bibulus@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> <SNIP>
>>
>> I have exactly the same problem.
>>
>> So I think that a firmware downgrade will solve it.
>>
>> Once again: who know how to downgrade a RME HDSP 9632? And who can send
>> me a old firmware version?
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bye
>
> For an upgrade or downgrade you have to run the executable "firmware
> update" program from the RME site. This MUST be run in Windows. Do NOT
> try it under any form of Linux, Wine or DOS in Linux, etc. It won't
> work.
>
> I doubt I have the file anymore. The best bet is the RME driver
> archive directory.
>
> http://www.rme-audio.com/english/download/drivers_archive.htm
>
> I'm not sure what they are supplying here anymore. It's been too long
> since I've looked. If required I could reboot into Windows and
> possibly check versions tomorrow. Unfortunately hdspconf under Linux
> doesn't list the installed firmware version like the Windows version
> does.
>
> If the right version doesn't show up on that page you should write RME
> support and ask them for a copy of the HDSP firmware update program
> circa 2004 or 2005. Let them know you are running Linux. I'm sure they
> can help you get the right version.
>
> Note that I haven't touched firmware in a few years as there is no
> support for any Alsa developer to support these cards and the new
> firmware. Disappointing, yes, but the cards work very well under Linux
> with the right version installed.
>
> Good luck and I hope this helps,
> Mark

hi mark,
just to make sure that i understand:

i am running a multiface very well here and don't know which firmware is
flashed in.
but there is 1: firmware which is flashed into the card
                   2: the firmware drivers from alsa, on my system still
the old demudi package, sth. like 1.09..

so if i update the firmware drivers to 1.0.13 i should not expect breakage?

do you have a feeling that i am understanding this in right way??

cheers,
doc