Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: B3 emulator

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 08:39:08 EET

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 22:27 -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 16:39 -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:
> > > I've gotta wonder if it might be more productive to just hack up a
> no-frills tonewheel emulator in ChucK. I'm not sure I'd need to go to
> the level of detail in modelling that he's gone to (i.e. including the
> leakage from terminal strips), nor extra things like distortion,
> reverb, or Leslie simulation since those are available through LADSPA.
> >

> Hmm, maybe this isn't such a great plan after all.
>
> I played around with the TAP Rotary speaker plugin, and,
> uh, I guess the nicest thing I can say about it is: it sounds nothing
> like a Leslie.
>
> Likewise, the CAPS Cabinet emulators are excellent for simulating guitar
> amps, but the unique "woody" tone of a Leslie just isn't among its emulated
> amp types. And Hammond/Leslie distortion has somewhat different
> characteristics than guitar amp distortion, IIRC.

I have no idea what a real B3 organ sounds like so I don't know if this
is good advice or not, but if you want to try one more I have a mostly
finished port of the AZR-3 organ VST plugin to LV2 which will be
released some time after the LV2 spec is done.

http://ll-plugins.nongnu.org/azr3.html

Download instructions here: http://ll-plugins.nongnu.org/index.html

--ll