Re: [LAU] Laptop Battle Registration and Promotion

From: Jeff Sandys <sandysj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 01:08:55 EEST

Basically you have three minutes to show your chops. The judges
decide based on sound design, composition and stage performance,
with the influence of the audience, the loser is out, the winner goes
on. Musicians are limited to one laptop, one controller and one
sound device, all must fit in a 2x2 foot square.Don't know if there is
an entry fee, probably not, and the prizes are what ever the
promoter can wrangle up. The last battle in NYC was Sept. 30 at
Galapagos, Brooklyn.
http://www.freenyc.net/laptopbattle/

Here is my review of last year's national championship:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-14726.html

If you are interested register. The more musicians who register
the more battles will be held and everyone will have more fun.