Re: [LAU] Brush soundfont

From: Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 04:18:01 EEST

On 4/14/07, Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> It seems I fall at the first hurdle :(
>
> When trying to install wine I get the error:
>
> 'configure:2479: error: C compiler cannot create executables'
>
> Looking at config.log I find:
>
> configure:2431: gcc -m32 conftest.c >&5
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libc.so when
> searching for -lc
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libc.a when
> searching for -lc
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for
> -lc
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching
> for -lc
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> configure:2434: $? = 1
>
> configure:2472: result:
>
> configure: failed program was:
>
> | /* confdefs.h. */
>

> I'm using 64studio on a sempron if that makes any difference.

Hmmm... I'm not going to be much help on this, since I'm using FC5,
with a prepackaged version of Wine.

If you would like to get Wine working (I highly recommend this, BTW),
then maybe you should try to find an rpm to install, or contact the
Wine list to troubleshoot this.

But if you are just interested in getting your Gig / Soundfont file,
you could send me the exe (off list), and I'll send you the results.

-TimH