Re: [LAU] my CD-R sounds weak and bland. What to do?

From: Charles Linart <clinart@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 03:28:09 EEST

> Should be more than enough... I do this on a machine with only 512
> megs of RAM with no problems at all. Is jackd running with realtime
> priveleges?
>
> -- Brett

Yes, as a matter of fact. How should it be set?

As long as I'm asking dumb questions (and getting smart answers) how
does one work in JAMin? You play the track from Ardour, it goes into
JAMin... OK, I get the concept of bringing down the peaks to create
headroom, then bumping the whole thing up... but then what?

And if you do it the way it was suggested further upthread, mastering
all songs in one long track, how do you mark the songs so that when
the audio file is played, it shows up as "Song 1 by So and So" in the
player instead of just the name of the exported .wav file? Is that
what the toc is for, and how would one create a toc file... and how
would it be implemented?

One song is (by design) heavily clipped for about the first five
seconds. Won't that mess things up if all the songs are in one long
track?

Thanks again for your help and for your patience with my near-total ignorance.