Re: [LAU] [OT] micamp: tube or not tube?

From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 01:00:11 EEST

=========== On Friday 11 May 2007 Fons Adriaensen wrote: ===========

> If a tube preamp sounds better than a solid state one that means that the solid-
> state one was badly designed. Nothing more, and all the rest is marketing hype.

Hi, Fons!

If I guess well, many so called "tube preamp" are all SS except for one tube
exciter stage. I hope, "neutral" exciter position excludes the tube stage
from a sound chain (I can modify all other SS parts if feel need). The thing is,
I found the only micamp inside acceptable price range (two-mic, ~$200) from local
dealers (ART TPS II), and this one is called as "tube" :-)

Andrew