Re: [LAU] [ANN] Sonic Visualiser v1.0 released

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 20:16:51 EEST

On Saturday 12 May 2007 15:00, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> well building now successfull with portaudio18 and without
> portaudio, but when i try to run sv, i get an segfault like this:
>
> nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/sonic/sonic-visualiser-1.0/sv$
> ./sonic-visualiser
> OSCQueue::OSCQueue: Base OSC URL is
> osc.udp://localhost.localdomain:14056/ Speicherzugriffsfehler
> nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/sonic/sonic-visualiser-1.0/sv$

You said you already had Sonic Visualiser 0.9?

The Vamp plugin format changed in an incompatible way a while after 0.9
came out (SV 0.9 predated the Vamp 1.0 API).

If you have plugins from the 0.9 era in /usr/lib/vamp,
/usr/local/lib/vamp, or $HOME/vamp, you will probably need to upgrade
them too.

This won't happen again, honest.

Up to date versions of all the plugins I know about are available via
http://www.vamp-plugins.org/download.html.

Sorry -- another thing that should have gone in the README!

Chris