Re: [LAU] Problems with RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 08:22:09 EEST

Hiho

On Thursday 31 May 2007 21:38:23 Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
> > The system sees the card at startup and loads the firmware properly, and
> > I can use the card without any problems.
> >
> > The only problems that occur are when I insert the PCMCIA card later with
> > the box attached. Then the system hangs. I.e. I need to have the card
> > inside and the box attached at startup, it seems.
>
> Very strange...do you get the same results with pcmciautils ?

thanks for the hint.
that enables me now to insert the card while the box is attached and get the
firmware loaded.
I actually had already pcmciautils installed, but I removed pcmcia-cs, and
installed sysfsutils.
(all debian packages).

> On my side, it hangs when I remove the card (without prior kernel
> module removal)

and I can even remove the card, and reinsert it now.

thanks!

Now I just need to check the suspend issue...

sincerely,
Marije