Re: [LAU] ubuntu xserver eating my cpu

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 23 2007 - 14:14:52 EEST

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 12:54 +0200, Thomas Ilnseher wrote:
> Am Montag, den 23.07.2007, 09:40 +0200 schrieb Atte André Jensen:
> > What could it be that is so different under ubuntu that it's x is so
> > much more cpu hungry? Any idea where to look to narrow the problem
> > down?
>
> Maybe the grafix drivers. (open source vs. closed source vs. vesa, etc).
>
> Eating up so much cpu COULD be because it is using vesafb + fbdev xorg
> driver. (i have no clue however, with the information provided)
> you should compare /etc/X11/xorg.conf from debian with that one from
> ubuntu.

They are identical:
atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ diff /etc/X11/xorg.conf /mnt/debian/etc/X11/xorg.conf

However, it seems that it's muse that's causing the problem. When I
start it x starts eating 50% processor. I'll try a compile-by-hand
later today, maybe that helps. Anyone knows of a bug or issue like this
with muse?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte