[LAU] nforce (intel8x0) midi

From: Simon Williams <simon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 01:27:40 EEST

I've just found that I have a game port midi adapter, so while I wait
for my USB-midi device to arrive I thought I'd give it a try. However, I
cannot for the life of me find any information on how I go about
enabling midi on my nforce mobo.

A post on the alsa mailing list said that adding the option
mpu_port=330x0 to the snd-intel8x0 module worked, but that wasn't
specifically for an nforce, and my version of snd-intel8x0 doesn't
actually have any mpu options!

I've loaded every module I could find called snd*midi or snd*seq, and
still the only output I get from aconnect -io is:

client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
     0 'Timer '
     1 'Announce '
client 128: 'TiMidity' [type=user]