[LAU] Please help the newbie set up USB interface.

From: Paul DeShaw <zaltar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 01:19:55 EEST

Greetings,

I am at a loss how to make JACK recognize and connect my M-Audio Ozone MIDI keyboard controller/audio interface. I have searched the archives here, as well as Ubuntu forums. Is there anywhere else I could look? So far I have been able to use the Ozone as the soundcard for some applications, including (finally) Rosegarden. I can play a MIDI file with some synth plugins. I cannot control anything from the Ozone; it is not recognized by JACK as a MIDI client. I was also getting tons of xruns, but I fiddled with the frame rate and other parameters, and it seems to be much better now.

I am running Ubuntu Studio (32 bit) on an AMD 64 processor.

The graphics card is a low-end ATI, built in to the cheap ECS mobo. I am at a coffee shop now and can't get the exact models.

Please tell me what else you need to know.

Would I be better off with another interface? This one came with my Pro Tools setup, and I would like to save money by using it in everything. If I can successfully migrate to Linux for audio, I could get rid of the Ozone (and Pro Tools! Free at last!), but would like to stick with USB so I can use it with my Apple laptop (MacBook with Intel Core Duo at 2GHz). That's what I run Pro Tools on, and, hopefully, Ubuntu Studio at some point.

My needs are simple. A few vocal tracks, maybe up to 3 guitar tracks, some synth chords and bass. Pretty much just folksy, mostly acoustic stuff. It shouldn't be too hard, but I've been at it for about a year now, without success.

Thanks,

Paul in Seattle

_______________________________________________
No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

Linux-audio-user mailing list
Linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/linux-audio-user
Received on Sun Aug 26 04:15:05 2007

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Sun Aug 26 2007 - 04:15:05 EEST