Re: [LAU] JACK sample browser?

From: Nathaniel Virgo <nathanielvirgo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 02:18:39 EEST

On 25/08/07, cr <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name> wrote:

> tom orford has some neat tools. one expressly for the topic
>
> http://www.orford.org/portfolio/samplecat/

That looks perfect, apart from the lack of resampling -- most of my samples
are at 44100kHz but my soundcard runs at 48000.

Other news on trying to resolve this issue:

I came across a sample auditioning app called sauditor with a Curses
interface which is great except that it loads the samples into RAM before
playing them, bringing my system to its knees if I accidentally select a
really long one. So I'll have to add streaming from disk to my
requirements...

I also tried `mplayer -ao jack ...` but haven't got it to work yet -
although I have the livna version which claims to have --with-jack compiled
in, running `mplayer -ao help` gives a list of drivers that doesn't include
jack, so the file manager solution won't work until I figure out how to fix
that.

Nathaniel