Re: [LAU] Advice for buying speakers

From: Matt Rockwell <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 17:18:21 EEST

My system:
Rotel Integrated Amp
<http://www.rotel.com/products/integrated-amplifiers.htm>
Acoustic Energy Bookshelf Speakers
<http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/Product_range/Reference_series/AE1_classic.asp>
- Entertainment Room
Elac Sub <http://www.elac.com/en/index.html> - Entertainment Room
Turbosound Impacts
<http://www.turbosound.com/showroom/impact80.2/index.html> in the
kitchen on the B speaker channel
Slim Devices Squeezebox <http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html>
for a media source
Infrant ReadyNAS
<http://www.infrant.com/products/products_details.php?name=ReadyNAS%201100>
to hold on to everything and drive the Squeezebox

This is a system I have pieced together over the last decade or so. I
stay with 2 channel more for the simplicity of it than anything. I
spend 98% of my time at home listening and not watching and 2 sets of
stereo speakers on the amp fills the entire apartment with nice quality
audio at a nice level without disturbing neighbors. Using the
squeezebox as a source allows me to control the system from anywhere I
have a web browser.

Remember, with audio, there isn't so much right and wrong as there is my
way, your way. I firmly believe a nice, noise free system is in the
grasps of almost every budget.

MattRock

--
Matt Rockwell- Technical Director
University of Wisconsin- WSUM Student Radio