[LAU] Advice for buying speakers

From: Leslie P. Polzer <leslie.polzer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 08:31:50 EEST

Hi folks,

I'm going to move to a new home and want to replace my crummy old setup,
which consisted of a very old stereo amp and a collection of assorted
speakers.

I would like to do the following:

  * listen to music all over the room (so this probably disqualifies a 5.1 setup?)

  * do semi-professional audio (voice recordings, singing, guitar, synth with MIDI
keyboard)

  * watch a movie every now and then. That's not really important, though.

Is that enough for you to hand me some advice on what to get?

  Thanks a lot.

    Leslie