Re: [LAU] ardour sync

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 18:14:11 EEST

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 14:30 +0200, Malte Steiner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to sync Ardour (in my case 2.0.5) to an external midisequencer
> and would like to do it via Midiclock, but so far I know it only
> supports Midi Timecode which is more heavy datawise.Anyway, last night I
> tested it a bit following the Ardour doks but didnt managed it yet to
> react on MTC nor MMC. Any experiences, encouraging words or hints how to
> make it running, does it work for someone?

Ardour cannot sync to MIDI clock. MIDI clock is based on musical time,
not linear time. We will do it, someday, but I have no idea when.

You need to enable MMC control from the Options menu, and make sure you
define a port for MMC handling in the preferences window (MIDI tab)
(there is a bug right now that may make it necessary to toggle MMC back
and forth after defining the port).

You need to define the port for MTC handling, and switch ardour to slave
from MTC using the timecode source button just right of the transport
clocks.