Re: [LAU] How to edit OSC-Data manual with graphical editor ?

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 15:36:47 EEST

Hi Winfried, hi list

> I am thinking of having an graphical editor for OSC-streams natively. I doesnt
> have to support complex data types like lists of mixed types, but at least
> floating point controller. Is there an (free) application which can do that
> like sequenzer handle MIDI-controller or so ?

in the last couple of months I was thinking about the need for an
sequencer for OSC. As far as I know all sequencer software work with
Midi with its known limits.
That combined with an similar live orientated interface like SEQ24 with
improvements (like scenes to switch through) would be a dream for me.
I am willing to code it but dont see this happening this year because of
my work I need to do to pay the bills and the works of the upcomming
Minicomputer open source softwaresynth. Plus I have to help the AMS
project to move further.

But it should be possible to create something with limitations in pd.
Maybe also with csound in combination with the Cecilia Frontend, you
should be at least able to draw function curves and output that via
csound and its OSC modules.

Much more sophisticated should be Iannix by LaKitchen
http://sourceforge.net/projects/iannix
but I never used that and would like to hear about some experiences with
that software.
I think there is another software around too, based on Xenakis UPIC but
I might be wrong.

Cheers,

Malte

--