Re: [LAU] [ANN] JAD 1.0 officially released

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 03:55:06 EEST

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 08:14 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> tim hall wrote:
>
> > ... you would be better off comparing JAD to the 32bit version of 64
> > Studio.
>
> Yes, but the publisher wants me to profile a 64-bit audio system, and
> AFAICT 64 Studio is the only one in something like full bloom.
>
> > However, I have a rough idea of what your partitioning schemes already
> > look like and I don't blame you for not installing both. ;)
>
> My partitioning scheme is a dividing wall. The JAD box is one room, the
> 64 Studio iron is in another. It's a necessary scheme, they attack one
> another ferociously if kept in the same space.
>
> Btw, a friend gave me a new 160 GB Seagate SATA drive, I plan to install
> Planet CCRMA on it.

Ooohhhh.... :-) You'll have to get yet another room ready, Planet CCRMA
has not mellowed in its old age.

> I haven't visited the home planet for a while, must
> make a return journey soon. Is PlanetC 64-bit yet ?

To see the available 64 bit packages surf to:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/7/x86_64/repodata/
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/7/x86_64/repodata/

(first is core components, kernel, etc, second is app packages - some
apps come from the Fedora repo now so don't get surprised if you see
some obvious stuff missing, it is not)

I've cleared you up for landing rights on the Planet... Some esoteric
stuff like chuck/pd is not yet built on x86_64, otherwise I think most
packages are there.

-- Fernando