Re: [LAU] Realtime, but many xruns when jack is started. Debian Etch

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2007 - 19:14:53 EEST

On Thursday 04 October 2007 21:29, Roman Muñoz wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> Is rtirq working four you? If yes, I think that your soundcard IRQ
> should be at prio 85 at startup... and it was not.
>
> See this:
> http://mggmail.blogspot.com/2007/07/re-rtirq-fixed.html

Well I've got realtime working ok on Debian Etch, and Rick Wright's one liner
in rc.local is changing the prio to 90 for the soundcard on bootup. But,
rtirq is something different. The version installed is the same as on the
blog above (20070101), and the 2 files are installed, one
in /etc/init.d/rtirq, and the other in /etc/sysconfig/rtirq. I believe
the /etc/sysconfig directory was created when installing rtirq, as I don't
rmember it being there before. I say this because with Fedora the sysconfig
directory exists, and there is a bunch of files in it, and I remember looking
in Debian for this directory, and couldn't find it.

I also ran sysv-rc-conf as root on Etch. The rtirq entry is there, but
runlevels 2,3,4,and5 are unchecked, so something isn't quite right here. I
see also on the blog above that rtirq should be in /etc/default, but in the
case of Etch it isn't. As I say. Realtime on Etch is working ok, but I'll go
through the same procedure on Debian Lenny (testing), and try and fix the
rtirq problem without using Rick Wright's one liner, although it's much
appreciated, and works like clockwork.

I'll post back after I've played around with realtime on Lenny a bit.

> Best regards,
> Roman

Thanks for all the replies to this interesting subject.

Nigel.