[LAU] Linux Video Users ?

From: Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2007 - 19:33:59 EEST

Hello there!
There have been much talk lately about video being way too sparse on the
linux platform - which it really is. Since I am very interested in
video, and I would love to see it on linux, I think that something have
to be done.

One thing I think video on linux is lacking most is a strong community.
I believe that this is the one thing that could put video on the linux
map.

The number one thing to accomplish when gathering a community is
probably to establish a central place for talk and discussion. I think
that a "Linux Video Users"-mailing list would be very good for this
purpose.

The list would serve as a video-version of the LAA, LAU, and LAD-lists
and would intend on improving documentation and cooperation between the
different projects (be it editors, encoders, recorders, players,
frameworks, etcetera) and their users.

Would there be any interest for such list? Could this list (LAU) lend a
bit of server-space and gimmick for this project?

Sincerely,
Gasten