RE: [LAU] Linux Video Users ?

From: sam javor <zekthedeadcow@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 06 2007 - 01:35:19 EEST

> From: operagasten@
> Subject: [LAU] Linux Video Users ?
>
> One thing I think video on linux is lacking most is a strong community.
> I believe that this is the one thing that could put video on the linux
> map.
>

> Would there be any interest for such list? Could this list (LAU) lend a
> bit of server-space and gimmick for this project?

I'm an indie filmmaker and am determined to do all of my future projects on linux... the community is fairly nonexistent as far as I can tell... but I think thats typical with the filmmaker community itself... indie filmmakers are nowhere near as unified as musicians when it comes to just 'getting along.'

Though a 'LVU' or 'LFM' (Linux Film Maker) mailing list would be great I think it would also help to just hang out at the major indie film boards (indieclub.com , indietalk.com , cinematography.com, sanctuary.indiesanctum.com, etc...) and let people know how you do things as your projects progress. I hang out at the sanctuary but show up at indieclub occasionally (and am active in my local group) and if I have hard questions I go to cinematography.com

I should be starting my first short project to use linux in the next two weeks or so... waiting for a stand for a seamless paper backdrop to arrive and then casting... yeah... I'm doing a Mac commercial spoof... its sad ... I know... but it'll be better than Novells. :)

I hope to be doing muisc videos for indiebands by next spring though... then I need someone to walk me though cutting HD video or image sequence...because I want to shoot some 16mm...