Re: [LAU] Realtime, but many xruns when jack is started. Debian Etch

From: porl sheean <porl42@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 07 2007 - 00:09:42 EEST

i have had no end of trouble with this one. always get glitchy audio and
*hundreds* of xruns. when i downloaded and used the kernel from 64studio
(still running ubuntu though) they went away. i did a diff of the kernel
configs and couldn't see anything that explains it (although it has been a
long time since i played around in kernel config land, so some options may
have eluded me... good old gentoo days :). i can only assume that some
patches are in one of the kernel that are causing the issue, or maybe the
fact that gutsy's rt kernel has more drivers is causing conflict.

i will try the script mentioned earlier (rt-setup-report.sh) on each and
compare the difference. maybe it is as simple as an irq priority or
something.

still, it might not hurt to do what i did and try the 64studio kernel. (need
to find an smp version though, the one i got from the apt pool doesn't seem
to have it).

porl