Re: [LAU] Realtime, but many xruns when jack is started. Debian Etch

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 23:17:57 EEST

On Monday 08 October 2007 19:03, Rick Wright wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> >On Monday 08 October 2007 09:13, porl sheean wrote:
> >>if it were me, and the only problem left is one irq priority setting, i
> >>would add a chrt line in the startup options manually (after rtirq). that
> >>way you aren't messing with anything else.
> >>
> >>porl
> >
> >Yes. That might be the easiest thing to do. I'll leave it as is at the
> > moment, but if I see any problems, I'll use Rick Wrights one liner in
> > rc.local.
> >
> >chrt -p -f 86 `pidof "IRQ-10"`
>
> Nigel,
>
> I appreciate the recognition for pointing you at this one line bit of RT
> magic. However, this little gem was not my cleverness, but rather
> something contributed by one of the other LAU members ~2 years back (the
> proof is surely in the archives). The real credit goes to this
> community for the vast collection of knowledge, experience, and
> willingness to help!
>
> Anyhow, I'm glad it's working for you and I agree with Porl's idea that
> you simply use it to patch up any remaining issues after rtirq does it's
> configuring.
>
> Good luck,
> Rick

Sorry. I didn't wish to give you undeserved praise for the one liner. I too
pass on the odd bit of script that I've received from others on various
lists, and don't wish to take the credit for it.

My bash scripting knowledge is virtually nill, and have always been gratefull
for the help provided by folks more knowledgeable than me.

I installed the abs-guide a while back, but shame on me, it's sitting there
in /usr/share/doc, and nobody's prodding me in the back saying "Come on man,
get your act together, and learn some scripting".

I'll have to google a bit, and see if there's some on-line bash scripting
course, with example scripts to try out, and help if there are problems with
them.

Perhaps I'm just getting a bit old, but it would be nice to understand how
this stuff works.

Nigel.