[LAU] Command Line Audio Processing...

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 07:07:24 EEST

Howdy Folks-

  I am looking for a decent way to do this...

What I have:
CDs of Sound Effects Collections
   These can have a varying number of sound effects per track seperated by
short periods of silence
Tab Delineated ASCII text files
   These list every sound effect on said CDs, by Track and if applicable
location in the track, unfortunatly not by time though. These also give
basic information about each sound effect

What I would like to be able to do...

Take each track, either ripping or already-ripped, and then break each
multi-sound track into individual files named by information gotten from the
text file, tagged by info, and split based on the number of sounds that file
says are there as well as the sections of silence.

What I am not sure of:

   Is there a utility that either can split up files based off
silence(Googled and couldn't find one but I thought I remembered a
discussion about that here some time back), or at the very least return the
location in time of said sections of silence for me to process using Sox.

Any ideas? The rest I can figure out I am sure, just that one has me
stumped.

             Seablade