Re: [LAU] [Fwd: Re: Any lyrics please?]

From: Frank Pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 16:52:06 EEST

tim hall wrote:
> Thanks Frank!
>
> This is a great bit of deconstructionalist writing in itself. I found
> it enormously inspiring.
>
> cheers
>
> tim
> /|\
>
> Frank Pirrone wrote:

>> Re: [LAU] Any lyrics please?
>> From:
>> Frank Pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
>> Date:
>> Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:16:13 -0400
>> To:
>> julien lociuro <julien.lociuro@email-addr-hidden>
>>
>> To:
>> julien lociuro <julien.lociuro@email-addr-hidden>
>>

>> julien lociuro wrote:
>>> Thanks for this.
>>> I like your way of thinking..it seems like you do this very naturally..
>>> I don't know..I think you have to have the appropriate mindset..
>>>
>>> But I don't really understand your process..you thought of a
>>> relationship.."we","sough","motive pebble"..and wrote those four
>>> lines??And the idea would be to have those on a wiki..so everybody
>>> could change them?
>>> That would be great..
>>> --
>>> julien
>> Yeah, that's pretty much it Julien. I mean, you can't string lyrics,
>> poetry, or prose together without a story or scenario in mind.
>> So, I sat there for a moment and thought I'd take the easy way out
>> and use the general image of a "relationship" as the context.
>>
>> <snip>
Thanks for sharing that Tim, I appreciate the kind thoughts. I don't
know if you saw the messages that preceded this, including the small
song fragment that this one explicates but it was a brief and
interesting discussion.

Looking through this a few weeks later I see my usual quota of dropped
apostrophes and the occasional missing word required to actually
complete a thought, lost as I jumped to the next thought. Still, just
like I did with the original verse, again to be true to the challenge of
the task, I just poured it out.

The second message, I believe, noted the few real-time edits that were
made as I dashed off the verse along with a brief comment on what
provoked them. All kind of stream-of-consciousness and wiki-ish. I
just wanted to, in response to Julien's request for some lyrics, shine a
little light on how one person might proceed with this task.

Frank