Re: [LAU] [ANN] a2jmidid version 2 released

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 27 2007 - 17:47:52 EEST

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> a2jmidid is daemon for exposing legacy ALSA sequencer applications in
> JACK MIDI system. It is based on jack-alsamidi-0.5 (jackd alsa seq midi
> backend) by Dmitry Baikov. The main purpose is to ease usage of legacy,
> not JACK-ified apps, in JACK MIDI enabled systems.
>
> New in this release is addition of configure script (autotools) that
> enables compatibility with different JACK MIDI API variants.
>
> Planned features/improvements:
> * One JACK client per ALSA sequencer client
> * More control on what ports to bridge (currently bridging is fixed to
> non-hardware ports).
> * Real daemonization with log file, init.d script, etc.
>
> If someone wants to contribute please, contact me, or send patches, or
> request inclusion (Gna! a2jmidid project). As usual, packagers are more
> than welcome too.
>
> Homepage with screenshots: http://home.gna.org/a2jmidid/
>
> Tarball download: http://download.gna.org/a2jmidid/

hallo nedko, the v2 builds good here, but either there is something
wrong or i am doing something wrong, but i do not get any sound out of a2j.

what i am doing:

-starting a2j
-starting specimen or zynjacku(with zyn)
-starting vkeybd
-now connecting vkeybd from the a2j-midi-tab with the synth (specimen/zyn)
-the synth is connected to alsa-audio, but plying with vkeybd - no sound.

if i connect the same vkeybd with the same specimen via alsa-midi i can
play specimen, or if i start jack-keyboard and connect to zyn, i also
get the sound out of the machine.
i did some experiments with muse too, but no success.

reading this email, do you have a feeling that i am doing sth wrong?

cheers,
doc