Re: [LAU] unable to set scheduling priority with rt kernel

From: Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 27 2007 - 18:50:42 EEST

On 10/25/07, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Well, if chrt works now without sudo, try running
> >
> > jackd -R -P 70 -d alsa ...
> >
> > again. It should work now, too..
>

> Believe it or not, I thought of that. It doesn't work. I also tried with
> Csound, no luck. chrt -fp 70 `pidof "jackd"` works, jackd -R -P 70 -dalsa
> etc doesn't (it starts jackd with all the appropriate options except
> realtime). Is it possible for realtime not to be compiled into jackd? I
> have 0.103.0 from Debian testing.

I'm still wrestling with this. I've been through a bunch of PAM setup
stuff, and it just won't work. jackd and Csound both refuse to run with rt
priority as assigned, and yet I am able to chrt as normal user. Perhaps
jackd running as realtime is dependent on ALSA setup?
Any help is appreciated.
-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com