Re: [LAU] Good mic for voice?

From: Allan Wind <allan_wind@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 28 2007 - 17:56:04 EET

On 2007-10-28T08:26:55-0700, william estrada wrote:
> Looking for a good mic for a voice app. Currently using a cheap $10
> Radio shack cassette mic, Model: 33-3019. The volume is very low on both
> windozes and Linux.

I changed from a inexpensive condenser microphone to a Studio Projects
C3 (they did not have the C1 in stock at the time which is all I need),
and an PreSonus TubePRE (preamp + phantom power) and it made the world
of difference. Instead of worrying about enough volume the problem was
recording as allowed by our environment (cars). If I had to do this
again I would better a preamp; sound fine for what we do, but build
quality feels cheap; pods makes mechanical noise, and there is no on/off
button.

/Allan