Re: [LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 07:00:53 EET

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 23:48 -0500, Rob wrote:

> I always envisioned just having all the tracks out there, and having
> any contributor able to make a mix (in EDL form) from whichever
> source tracks he or she likes.

This is the most viable format for open distribution.

Have you thought of how to share an EDL between several people editing
it at the same time on different PC's?

Has anyone else thought of how to make this viable?

Maybe it should just be a torrent that includes the project config file,
audio files and lash config file?

That way people can distribute a complete session in one torrent. If we
make a site for hosting the torrents then we don't have to deal with
bandwidth issues.

How about http://torrents.linuxaudio.org

Cheers.

--