Re: [LAU] A year of Linux Audio revisited - would like to know your oppinion

From: Sebastian Tschöpel <tschoseb@email-addr-hidden-cottbus.de>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 13:00:08 EET

Hello Chris,

> And sadly I only have eight
> hands and three heads and there are only 132 hours in the day.

At first: lol.

Secondly, I really appreciate your work and I would never complain about
anything
concerning your dedication or how fast some tool gets developed.

> Your remark about the unhelpfulness of comparing Rosegarden with Cubase
> arrived on the same day that we removed an introductory note that made that
> comparison from the Rosegarden website.

I wanted to pick up that exact sentence as an example and I was glad to
see that you removed it.

> Although it's sometimes helpful as a
> quick answer to "what the hell is this program with this meaningless name
> supposed to be for?"

A quick "an open-source audio/midi sequencer & score editor" would be
enough. In
my oppinion. This way, you don't get in trouble being compared to such a
tool like Cubase,
since this is like comparing apples and oranges.

> A related point is that stronger "competition" might also have been
> beneficial. [...] But
> it's more important to maintain your own interest by doing the things you
> really want to see done.

I cannot say anything about that, but I think this thought is very
interesting.

Thanks for you comment.