Re: [LAU] [ANN] AZR3-JACK released

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 26 2007 - 04:25:13 EET

On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 19:29 +0200, David Baron wrote:
> Got it to work using that alsaseq2jackmidi bridge. This one does give me the
> connections I need. The other such bridges gave me items in the jack-midi
> pane but no way to connect them.
>
> Results: Azr3 apparently never gets or executes note-off. Whatever is played
> just keeps on going and going and going ...
>
> I do not know if this is a problem in the organ program or in the bridging
> program.

Your keyboard probably sends note on messages with velocity 0 instead of
note off messages, and alsaseq2jackmidi doesn't translate them to real
note off messages. I'm not sure whether they are allowed in JACK MIDI or
not, they don't make much sense since there is no running status in JACK
MIDI anyway. I've updated the AZR-3 port to deal with them though, it's
in 1.0.1 which you can get at the same webpage.

--ll