Re: [LAU] options snd-hda-intel model=WHAT? for VIA VT1708

From: Roman Muņoz Roncal <intxixu@email-addr-hidden-elkartea.org>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 12:44:36 EET

Hi,

You can get the information you need from here:

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt

Note it is for kernel 2.6.24, but this document should be in your kernel
sources, too. It will look very similar anyway

On this document, search for "model-snd-hda-intel" (the biggest part, I
think), then search for your codec, then search for your model
description, then you know which one your model is.

If it does not appear, you are probably out of luck, but it could be
that another model works. On an asus f3sv i tried model=lenovo and it
worked, so search the Internet about your machine, card id, etc.

Final lines of text about module-snd-hda-intel will get you more
information about at least two other issues thay may or not affect you,
but it's worth reading

Anyway, you probably will get a working card, but it's very probably
that you will get results not good enough to do serious audio work.

Regards,
Roman